Monday, November 2, 2020

Top 5 metro cities account for 55% of total video OTT users, while Tier 1 cities account for 36% of users: Survey


Top 5 metro cities account for 55% of total video OTT users, while Tier 1 cities account for 36% of users: Survey

 There were 22 million paid subscribers in March 2020, up from 29 million four months later in July.

  90% of the content is viewed in Indian languages;  Only 7% of the time on the platform on English content

  Entertainment habits are changing all over the world, including India.  Instead of family entertainment, the Ashram Devi web series on the scam 1992, Mirzapur, over-the-counter (OTT) platform is now attracting a large number of viewers.  Corona gives everyone plenty of time to lockdown and speed up adoption of the OTT platform in this free time.

  According to a report by Redcia Consulting, the OTT sector in India grew between March and July 2020.  The number of paid subscribers has increased from 2.22 crore to 2.9 crore in March.  The current survey says that the lockdown did not create new programs for TV channels, even theaters were closed.  The release of new films was delayed, only the OTT platform became a means of entertainment.  The OTT platform that brought regional content benefited the most.  The result was that between April and July 2020, Wadu was 50% of the overall streaming of Hindi language content.

  The share of metros in the audience decreased

  Yet, the vast majority of people who watch web series on the OTT platform are from Metro.  Five metros accounted for 55% of OTT content viewers last year, according to a report by Counterpoint Research.  The remaining 45% come from other metros and across the country, but a survey by Redcia Consulting found that the situation has changed since the lockdown this year.  Based on the growing regional content, OTT content has now spread to smaller villages and towns.

  A report by the India Brand Equity Foundation states that 90% of consumers in India prefer to view content in regional languages.  Only 7% of the time spent on the OTT platform has gone to English content.  The change is that the reliance of OTT platforms on the metro has decreased and is now only 46%.  35% of people in Tier-1 and 19% of people in Tier-2 cities are watching content on OTT.  Looking at the pace, it seems that even in a year or two, the share of metros will be less.

When we talk about the popularity of OTT platform in India, some interesting statistics come up. Amazon Prime Video is in discussions with Netflix, G5, Sony Live over the web series. The show is coming to the OTT platform before TV on Sony Live and Woot. Each has at least two or three discussed webseries.

  Many OTT platforms like MX Player, VIU, Ullu, ALT Balaji, Hungama Play offer different types of content. There are also platforms that offer exclusive content, such as Discovery +. Even then cricket and Bollywood are heavy on all. Disney + Hotstar launched Big Budget Films on OTT under the name Multiplex after the release of films stopped during the lockdown. IPL 2020 completed the rest. Some of the matches on Sunday were watched by more than a million people. This shows that the use of OTT platform is increasing compared to TV channels.

India's market is the fastest in the world

The  PwC Media released its Media and Entertainment Outlook 2020 report in October.  "India's OTT market is the fastest growing in the world," it said.  By 2024, India has become the sixth largest OTT market in the world.  It will grow at a rate of 28.6% in one year and reach 9 2.9 billion in four years.  Rajiv Vasu, partner and leader of Entertainment and Media, PWC India, said it has been successful in movie theaters, but this has proved to be a boon for OTT.

   report says that for the first time in 2020, SVOD has surpassed box office fees in revenue.  Over the next two years, the collection of office fees worldwide will lag behind OTT

Important links ::

Read saurce in Gujarati

Netflix, Amazon, Disney + Hotstar and other OTT services have increased investment in the past year.  As a result, the share of Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) in OTT revenue has risen to 93%.  This figure is 87% in the world.  Between 2019 and 2024, SVOD will grow at a rate of 30.7%.  This is projected to increase from 70 708 million in 2019 to 7 2.7 billion in 2024.


Share This
Previous Post
Next Post

Pellentesque vitae lectus in mauris sollicitudin ornare sit amet eget ligula. Donec pharetra, arcu eu consectetur semper, est nulla sodales risus, vel efficitur orci justo quis tellus. Phasellus sit amet est pharetra

0 $type={blogger}: